Re: RE: Need Iris Show pics

In a message dated 3/22/2009 5:10:03 P.M. Central Daylight Time, sdayres2@aol.com writes:

Rita:

I assume you want pictures of the flowers and trophies and not of people.  Is that correct?  Do you need to know the iris names?
Your assume correctly m'dear!

I developed a powerpoint presentation on iris grooming.  I show it to the club before the show.  Plus we do live demonstrations on grooming.   Each year I listen carefully do the judges and take pictures of irises that have grooming problems.  Next year I develop a slide around that iris explaining its faults.  Of course I sometimes have to byte my tongue and not make comments while the judges are commenting about my iris (but the winds were gusting to 60 mph yesterday!)  ;-)

Ain't that the truth!!!  Think we have all been there!

Does AIS have a powerpoint presentation on groomng?
Scarlett
The CD "It's Show Time has three separate programs on it-One on Show Preparation or (as I call it) "So You Volunteered To Be Show Chair?  Now what?"  Plan. Organize, Staff, Direct and Control with timetable and help filling out reports.  A second one on Design 101 (the AIS Website Toolbox program was actually written by Jean Morris for this program but we shortened it a lot!) and the third called "Stalking the Best of Show" is on grooming and presentation.
We would love to have a copy of your program to borrow ideas from-Both Janet and Tom had programs that we also used.

Janet and I have learned lots about PPT programs (compressing them, turning them in to jpgs for the new projectors that use a memory stick instead of a computer etc!) since we started last year so if you can compress to under 10 MG, you could e-mail or if it is bigger you can send via the free FTP site we use:

Janet Smith (AIS Slides/Digital Chair) and I frequently have large PPT programs to send back and forth while putting them together and editing them.  To avoid the cost and delay of mailing CDs, we are now using

https://www.yousendit.com/

It is a free service (the Lite version) as long as:

Files less than 100 MB

No more than 1 GB downloads per month

No more than 100 downloads per file

You create an account but don't have to pay anything.

It is working VERY well and recommend you use this program to send me the files that you would normally put on a CD.  The files only stay posted for 7 days and is a very fast download!

Thanks so much for your feedback Scarlett-you have always made a valuable contribution to our work on the Committee!

Hope Spring is headed where you are-just poking its nose here in Dubuque!  I can't wait!

Rita Gormley
10606 Timber Ridge Street
Dubuque, IA 52001-8268
563-513-0504