Re: Re:proposed AIS Awards Ballot

  • Subject: Re: Re:proposed AIS Awards Ballot
  • From: "El Hutchison" <eleanore@mts.net>
  • Date: Mon, 30 Mar 2009 12:45:41 -0500

I agree with both you and Chuck, BJ.

As a rookie gardener, I ordered an entire Dykes collection in the early 80's
and they all died. Figured it was just me, so I ordered them again the next
year. Dead again.

Luckily that same year, I discovered an unknown dwarf iris blooming in a pot
at a local nursery, and I immediately fell in love. Now I have quite an
extensive collection of the dwarfs and medians, and quite a few historic
TB's, which seem to fair better here in the cold of Manitoba. I've been
trying various species iris in the last few years, as well as testing out
some spurias, mostly all from Chuck. Siberian irises do very well here too.

El, near Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada Z3
MIS & DIS Display Garden