Re: Re: New seedlings blooming today
  • Subject: Re: Re: New seedlings blooming today
  • From: "rose kinnard" <rkinnard@minesmo.org>
  • Date: Tue, 2 Mar 2010 22:15:18 -0800

Hi Mike- I grow Mountain Sunrise here in MO and had rebloom on it in 2008 .  While cleaning the garden on 3/1/10 I found a large firm bloom stalk about 2 inches tall on Tropical Delight-must have over looked in November, I am sure it has been to cold for a new stalk to be forming here now.
Rose Kinnard
Fredericktown, Mo
.  attached is Mtn. Sunrise and Fall Enterprise...just out of curiosity does anyone on this list have either or both of these iris?
Mike Sutton

And all we get is new snow falling today - at least the reticulatas are
starting to open.

You are getting lots of gorgeous (to me) patterns now, Mike. Good job.
Do you happen to have photos of parents of both you could post?
Rather than ask for an explanation of the genetics involved...

<couple of interesting (to me) seedlings blooming right now. both sent
up stalks last Oct. that were frozen out. these show some cold damage
but were still able to open OK. Nice breeding additions to our
reblooming stock, i can see some potential in both.

first one is out Mtn. Sunrise lines, second is out of Fall Enterprise

Linda Mann
east TN