Re: HYB: Iris variegata X Iris suaveolens var. rubromarginata
iris-photos@yahoogroups.com
  • Subject: Re: HYB: Iris variegata X Iris suaveolens var. rubromarginata
  • From: thomas silvers <tesilvers@yahoo.com>
  • Date: Mon, 8 Mar 2010 06:44:33 -0800 (PST)

Thanks Linda! Me too!
I don't care much for the pale forms (yellow) of Iris suaveolens, but I've always really liked the rusty-burgundy-purple blends of the darker forms. I like that these two indoor bloomers have both taken after their papa in that respect.
Here are two more pictures of that second seedling, which by the way, unlike the first seedling, has a second flowerbud down in the spathe [I split it so I could peak].

Linda wrote: "Such an odd and interesting color. I like it."

image/pjpeg

image/pjpeg