Re: OT: weather or not
iris-photos@yahoogroups.com

Universal as in global - taken on a global scale,
temperatures are rising. Fast.

But, as Chuck said, that doesn't mean that
everywhere is warmer all the time - there
can be local variations, and the second-order
effects of global warming (such as polar ice melt)
can result in strange weather patterns, not all
of which are warm ones.

Also, keep in mind that weather and climate are
not the same - weather is a local, short-term
phenomenon, and climate is longer-term.

We've had a pretty cold winter here in the
SF bay area too. Even given that, I've still
had a few things bloom - Crimson King on
Valentine's Day, and a few days ago good old
reliable Turkish Topaz.

Jean