Re: OT: weather or not
  • Subject: Re: OT: weather or not
  • From: irischapman@aim.com
  • Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2010 14:03:04 -0500

While the overall global temperature rises, each area is diferent, and weather patterns change  for each area.  so while the average temperature over the year can be warmer, the pattern of cold and warm temperatures is changed, so cold spots  can occur in summer and spots of warm in winter , plus there is more storms and erratic weather patterns, such as freakish snow fall in eastern seaboard.

Thus warmer here and less snow this winter, and more snow in Eastern seaboard, and colder temperatures, yet with more snow and colder winters, spring is arriving in Easttern seabord, while not here. There spring will be delayed, while ours will proably will be early. Yet if you take average winter temperature for Eastern Seaboad, add it to the average winter temperature here, and compare it to historical average , it will  likely be higher. Thus global tempearature can be  warmer, on average, while some areas are colder and some warmer. It has a lot to do with disturbance of  upper atmosphere seasonal wind currents. Thus each area is affected, but each in its own way.

Chuck Chapman