AIS: TWiki update and INVITATION
iris-photos@yahoogroups.com
  • Subject: AIS: TWiki update and INVITATION
  • From: Laurie Frazer <lauriefr@localnet.com>
  • Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2010 11:13:16 -0500

Hello Iris Lovers!

On behalf of our fearless Twiki project leader, Bob Pries, and the rest of the Twiki team, I'd like to invite you all to come see the amazing progress we've made AND invite you all to sign up for uploading access to the Twiki and start CONTRIBUTING your photos and comments! You can sign up for your FREE access here:

http://wiki.irises.org/bin/view/TWiki/TWikiRegistration

You do NOT have to be a docent in order to contribute your content to existing Twiki pages, but you do have to sign up for uploading access. If, however, you want to be able to add new Twiki pages or edit existing content, you do need to request to be made a docent. You can request docent status by contacting Bob Pries directly at robertpries@embarqmail.com.

It's time to start taking the TWiki to the next level of participation and THAT MEANS YOU! We know that our most valuable contributions (not to mention our most accurate proofreading) to the TWiki will come from Iris Aficionados like you. This is why we are inviting you NOW, before we open the Twiki to the general public on the AIS website, to come and add your photos and comments to Twiki iris pages. This will help create the resource that will WOW the public and bring more people into our passion.

We now have about 14,000 iris cultivars of all classes represented with their own pages in the Twiki (and more being added daily), including most of the more current intros and many older irises. This is only a large drop in the bucket in terms of the total number of irises registered with the AIS, but it's a mighty fine start. Still, this is very much a work in progress, so it's likely that you'll find some of the iris pages to which you would like to contribute not yet created. If you do encounter not-yet-created pages, please feel free to submit them to Bob or to me and request that they be added. We'll give them priority for addition and get them up for you ASAP. Please, however, make sure the irises you request are not yet in the TWiki before submitting them for addition.

While exploring the TWIki, you may very well stumble across typos or other inaccuracies. Please submit these to Bob or myself, as well, so that corrections can be made. The more eyes proofreading the TWiki, the better!

http://wiki.irises.org/bin/view

We can't wait to see our iris community Twiki flourish and grow. Be part of the TWIki fun. CONTRIBUTE YOUR CONTENT!!!

Happy irising, everybody,

Laurie