Re: SDB and MDB Space age
iris-photos@yahoogroups.com
  • Subject: Re: SDB and MDB Space age
  • From: Will Warner <wilwarner@yahoo.com>
  • Date: Sat, 20 Mar 2010 08:58:32 -0700 (PDT)

Hello Mike, I myself am very fond of the little space agers.  I think the rarity of dwarf space agers, out weighs the narrowness and warrants intoduction.  If these are fertile, they would aid in creating more median SA's.  I have mixed feelings on "wide" flowers.  While it is more of the Modern look, I find that substance/budcount/vigor are more important in the garden performance respect.  If they are flounced, I don't mind them being a little narrower, I've noticed wide SA's with big flounces sometimes have a hard time opening, the flounce hangs up in the standards and sometimes snaps off when opening. Thanks for posting these.

Will Warner
Springfield, Mo