Re: HYB my 2010 planned registrations
iris-photos@yahoogroups.com
  • Subject: Re: HYB my 2010 planned registrations
  • From: thomas silvers <tesilvers@yahoo.com>
  • Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2010 12:53:00 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Loïc,
So many pretty ones, I wouldn't be able to choose!
You've done a fine job.
Thanks for posting them so we can see the progress you've been making.
I'm especially intrigued by the TB X diploid MTB crosses you've done.
Do you know for sure that B327A : 'Earl Of Essex' X 'Persona' is a triploid? I think there's a good chance this kind of breeding could have given you a tetraploid, and incidentally, a source for a great infusion of genes from the diploid gene pool. I've got a few seeds from this type of mixed ploidy cross in the refrigerator hoping I'll get some germinations soon.

If I had to say that one particular seedling caught my eye it would be your IB B275LR : Best Bet X What Again. But B052B = Circus Clown X Chemistry, and B283B = Silverado X Plum-Plum are very nice too!

Keep up the good work!
Tom

From: loic tasquier
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2010 13:16:30 +0100

Hello everyone!

A very long winter has given me the time to have everything ready for the 2010 registrations...if they all prove as good as last year of course!

I have kept the names secret, since they are not registrated yet, but i can't resist showing off, so here they are:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/loic_tasquier/sets/72157621024699048/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/loic_tasquier/sets/72157621024699048/detail/

I have selected quite many, because they have a fabulous quality : they have managed to survive the horrible conditions here.
So if they have made it here, they should be interesting in North America and the North of Europe where the choice for survivors is still limited.

All the comments you can make will be of extreme help.

Still one month before the first ones open ....so at least, you can enjoy the pictures...!

have fun,

Loïc