Re: Re: HYB my 2010 planned registrations
  • Subject: Re: Re: HYB my 2010 planned registrations
  • From: thomas silvers <tesilvers@yahoo.com>
  • Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2010 05:16:48 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Loïc,
No harm (that it was on-line) and it gave me a big smile - that you're checking for sprouts twice a day. It's an obsession isn't it... but just about the nicest kind of obsession to have! And we have the best company!
I got all of my seeds into the refrigerator kind of late, so I haven't started checking them too often yet. I'm not expecting too many first blooms this season either, since I didn't get most of last years germinants into the ground. That's why I had year-old stuff still under lights in the basement. I am anxious to get all of that stuff into the ground though, since three of the batches are from Iris purpureobractea crosses. I don't know of this species ever being used before. I lost the species, but the offspring are looking super-vigorous. And two of the crosses were with a seedling of mine that is 1/4 suaveolens var. rubromarginata - crossed in both directions - so a few of these seedlings are showing good _expression_ of red edges on the foliage. Unlike suaveolens however, these margins are on big plants, so it can be seen all the better.
Best wishes, Tom