Re: Re: Unknown Pink TB

Hi Gary, and Donald, too.

Thanks for nixing out DESCANSO for me. I've had that iris before,
but only ever seen it bloom once, and that was a long time ago!
Didn't take a photo of it, either, so I have nothing of my own to
compare to.

I've never had ASHLEIGH NICOLE before, though the name does ring a
bell. WOW, that description really matches the bloom! Amazing, but
I'd definitely try to grow A>N> before I assume anything. >>> I
just checked out your photo you posted of A>N> back in 2003, Don, and
I'd have to say mine's not ASHLEIGH NICOLE. The branching in my
photo shows some-what of tight branching, and the falls are *almost*
dog-eared, though nicely lightly-ruffled.

It's so funny how once I reached a threshold in iris gardening of a
certain number of varieties, everything name-wise kind of BLENDS into
all the other iris I have either seen in guest gardens, once grown in
my own garden, seen at a show, or ever had on a wish list at one
time! CRAZY!

Ode to the days that I could look at a flower and say it's name on
the spot. Now, I'm like, "Oh, it's this. No wait! I mean it's this
iris. Yeah, I'm sure of that. ...." :-)