From: loic tasquier <tasquierloic@cs.com>
To: iris-photos@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Tue, Mar 30, 2010 9:43 am
Subject: Re: [iris-photos] HYB:seedling

Hello Betty,
lucky you, a sibling rebloomed!
'Enchanter' is ( 'Louisa's Song' X F175-1, 'Shadows' sib. ) and i think 'Shadows' pol parent is 'Poetess'. 'Poetess' is also the pol parent of 'Avona' that reblooms. So there must be some rebloom genes in 'Shadows'.
Added to 'Another Bridge' rebloom genes , it is possible you get rebloomers.
So even if it is a bore to cross our tough rebloomers with fancy new non rebloomers in order to get better shapes and new colours, hoping for rebloom only with the second generation, genetics can be nice to us and give us rebloomers already among the first generation seedlings!
Keep posting, it is always nice to follow your explorations!