Re: SDB and MDB Space age
iris-photos@yahoogroups.com
  • Subject: Re: SDB and MDB Space age
  • From: "loic tasquier" <tasquierloic@cs.com>
  • Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2010 16:07:29 +0200

thanks for the input Michael, it sure does help!
'Ahwahnee Princess' seems to be a versatile iris, giving wonders no matter whom  it is crossed with! ( i am particularly thinking of the cross with the MTB  'Ben a Factor' !)

A big clump of 'Ahwahnee Princess'  should be blooming this spring, i can't wait to using it, especially knowing it has SA potential!

To come back to the SA SDBs, I've been  using the  SA SDBs from Lawrence Ransom;
you can see the seedlings i got, they are not all bad :

'Outrage':

'Punk':

and your own 'Under My Thumb' that  has 'Punk' as pol parent :

i've also used 'Stinger', 'Winged Angel' and 'Bounce Back'. The results look promissing.

so, this is my input for the cause of the SDB Space Agers ...
I think the SDB look smashing with big fat horns, but, like you,  i am not sure flounces are a good idea .
They are so tiny, i am affraid they might end up looking like carnations flowers....with these flounces that quickly can look like extra standards.

still, i will go on, can't help it Doctor, it is a virus!

LoÃc