Re: HYB general view of the garden
iris-photos@yahoogroups.com
  • Subject: Re: HYB general view of the garden
  • From: "Pat" <Pat.Creighton@shaw.ca>
  • Date: Sat, 5 Mar 2011 10:36:52 -0800

Hi Bonnie;

----- Original Message -----
From: Iris
>Your web site is WONDERFUL! Thank-you again for sharing.

Thanks and it isn't my website, unfortunately. The fellow is very well
known in BC, Canada. He put a web cam at the eagle's nest just down below
where we live this past year and the eagles were too smart for him. Someone
was kind enough to draw us all a map to show where the activity is:
http://tinyurl.com/4e5cmxb The restaurant there is not bad so once the
eaglets have hatched we will have to go share a lunch with them. (-:

>In Ca. is looks like it is starting to look and feel like Spring! Where are
>you located?

We are south of the map way up the hill overlooking the inlet. The
unfortunate part for us at this time of year is that our garden is very much
in shade as we are on the North slope of the hill, but in summer we get too
much sun, especially now that some of the trees have been cut back to
prevent storm dangers. This has given us a lot of room to spread our wings
with the irises so are hoping to have a lot more established this year -- if
the "rodents with fringe benefits" as the squirrels are known as here, will
leave the bulbs alone.

Have you checked out "Phoebe's" web cam? She is sitting on her second batch
of eggs for the year down in Irvine, Ca. We have to assume that the sun has
a lot to do with timing, more than weather patterns:
http://phoebeallens.com/.