Re: HYB: Iris purpureobractea seedlings
iris-photos@yahoogroups.com
  • Subject: Re: HYB: Iris purpureobractea seedlings
  • From: thomas silvers <tesilvers@yahoo.com>
  • Date: Sun, 6 Mar 2011 11:42:30 -0800 (PST)

Hi Pat,
Thanks and yes, I've been trying to select for better _expression_ of that purple foliage pigment. This one has pretty good _expression_ but I've had a few others that show it a little better.

I rarely if ever fertilize or water so this one's just growing in the unamended local clay soil like all the rest of my irises.
Take care, Tom

Hi Thomas;