SPEC: Iris aphylla in Spring
  • Subject: SPEC: Iris aphylla in Spring
  • From: thomas silvers <tesilvers@yahoo.com>
  • Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2011 13:22:21 -0700 (PDT)

Every Spring, I get a kick out of how easily the Iris aphylla clones clean up.
They pretty much shed everything down to the ground - living up to the species name (I think "aphylla" refers to this "leaflessness").

Maybe this would be a nice trait to incorporate into a modern type. Makes clean up a breeze and I'm guessing this foils the borers too!