Re: March 15-2011-a moment in time @ BIT
iris-photos@yahoogroups.com
  • Subject: Re: March 15-2011-a moment in time @ BIT
  • From: Betty Wilkerson <Autmirislvr@aol.com>
  • Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2011 14:52:01 -0400 (EDT)

<<I am interested in what you used in the bed. >>
Greensand, rock phosphate & 400 lbs of well rotted compost.  I didn't put in the full recommended amount (about 80%) because it had not grown irises before.  I'll increase the application on beds that have been in irises.  Couldn't find the first two locally and had to pay as much to have it shipped in as it cost.
This batch was a bit of a trial.  I'll know if I'm right once I get past bloom season.  I'd been having problems with stalk height and a friend suggested these additives.

Betty W.