AB: sdg Feeling Sort Blue X Energizer
  • Subject: AB: sdg Feeling Sort Blue X Energizer
  • From: Donald Eaves <donald@txol.net>
  • Date: Sat, 31 Mar 2012 10:26:55 -0500

First bloomed year before last and it looked a bit rough. I thought
maybe that was the result of freeze damage. Didn't manage to bloom in
the drought last year, but here it is this year. I think it had freeze
damage, because that rough look is gone this year. I'm Small blooms on
this one. I'm pretty satisfied with now.

My season is closing down already. Only a few of the TB seedlings are
going to manage to bloom. I think the drought has been harder on the
TBs than on the ABs, but the beds that have anything beyond a few clumps
blooming were the beds that received more supplemental water than the
others. That was the last two new seedling beds. I finally quit
watering those last year, but they received it regularly for a long time
and they were the only two I tried to kick off in early fall before we
started getting some regular rainfall. Beds that are totally dependent
on rainfall have no bloom except for an occasional clump putting up a
few stalks. Very occasional.

Donald Eaves
Texas Zone 7warm, USA

JPEG image