Re: Spuria Iris Engraving

From: John I Jones <jijones@ix.netcom.com>

Glenn Simmons wrote:

> I told you what I have in mind for the Spuria engraving you posted.  I
> have tried blowing up your JPEG so I can read the writing at the bottom
> but I loose all resolution and cannot read it.  Would you please send to
> me what is written on the bottom edge of your engraving?

My apologies Glenn, I got really busy at work and missed replying to your request.

It says:

"Publish'd by W. Curtis Botanic Garden, Lambeth Marsh"

I have a bunch of others that you might be equally interested in. Do you want
me to send some of them to you?

USDA zone 8/9 (coastal, bay)
Visit my website at:
http://members.home.net/jijones

To reply to me personally click on
mailto://jijones@ix.netcom.com
mailto:jijones@ix.netcom.com
Fremont, California, USA

President, Westbay Iris Society
Director, Region 14 of the AIS

Subscribe to iris-talk at:

Subscribe to iris-photos at:

Ideas on how we can improve ONElist?
http://www.onelist.com
Check out the Suggestion Box feature on our new web site