RE: SPEC: japonica/confusa/wattii

I. confusa can be distinguished as forming a stalk under the leaf fan as it
grows, In confusa a 1 foot stalk is not uncommon. I. wattii is really just
slightly taller that confusa. This is where the common name "bamboo iris"
comes from. I. japonica is stoloniferous - creeping along just under the
surface of the soil. Also japonica will only have a few branches, whereas
confusa will have many branches in one plane forming a flat  'tree' with
shorter branchs as you near the tip, 2-3 buds per position is typical (up to
a 100 flowers easy). The flowers may be mostly white or shaded with
lavender(the most common color in the wild) for all 3.

Chad Schroter

Bids starting at $7 for thousands of products - uBid.com
http://click.egroups.com/1/3027/0/_/503733/_/957805273/