[PHOTO] Iris attica | Tue, 9 May 2000 21:33:23" />
hort.net Seasonal photo, (c) 2006 Christopher P. Lindsey, All Rights Reserved: do not copy
articles | gallery of plants | blog | tech blog | plant profiles | patents | mailing lists | top stories | links | shorturl service | tom clothier's archive0
Gallery of Plants
Tech Blog
Plant Profiles
Mailing Lists
    Search ALL lists
    Search help
    Subscription info
Top Stories
sHORTurl service
Tom Clothier's Archive
 Top Stories
New Trillium species discovered

Disease could hit Britain's trees hard

Ten of the best snowdrop cultivars

Plant protein database helps identify plant gene functions

Dendroclimatologists record history through trees

Potato beetle could be thwarted through gene manipulation

Hawaii expands coffee farm quarantine

Study explains flower petal loss

RSS story archive

[PHOTO] Iris attica

A year & a half ago when I visited Greece I collected some wild irises in
Sounion (southern Attica) and sent them to Harald Mathes.  He sent me this
photo recently showing their full glory.  All of my atticas died.  I wish I
had shared them with others but I was too greedy and wanted to see the
impressive bloom in spring.  Instead I lost 90% to rot.  The other 10% died
this 2nd winter.  Harald is obviously growing them in a protected area.

Remember four years of good friends, bad clothes, explosive chemistry


Dennis Kramb; dkramb@badbear.com
Cincinnati, Ohio USA; USDA Zone 6

 © 1995-2017 Mallorn Computing, Inc.All Rights Reserved.
Our Privacy Statement
Other Mailing lists | Author Index | Date Index | Subject Index | Thread Index