Re: HYB: Dark BB SA

Thanks for answering my dumb question. I had a discussion with a customer just yesterday about ruffles versus fluting. That was the distinction that I really wanted to know. My mind made the substitution of flounce for flute when I looked at Mike's photo and his words.
Harold          harold@directcon.net
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Thursday, May 18, 2000 12:20 PM
Subject: Re: [iris-photos] HYB: Dark BB SA

A flounce is an extension (space age) on the end of the beard.  Whereas, a ruffle is a condition at the periphery of the standards or falls where the petal actually is wavy to different amounts.

Hope this helps.
Jeffrey Kurtzeman

What is the distinction between a flounce and a ruffle? Harold Peters            harold@directcon.net