Re: I. foetidissima variegata

--- Dennis Kramb <dkramb@badbear.com> wrote:
> MY WORD!!  Yours sets seed?!?  This is remarkable!
> The people I got mine
> from said their variegated foetidissima never set
> seed (and only rarely
> flowered).  What do you do with those seeds???
> (SIGNA would snap them up
> in a heartbeat if you were so inclined.)

er....um....I threw them away. That picture was taken
a number of years ago. I wish I knew this was a rare
event. Now that you mention it, I don't recall seeing
seed pods on it in a number of years. Do you know if
this is true of all the different cultivars of
foetidissima or just variegata? I have several
different cultivars and 'Citrina' had some beautiful
pods last year. I threw those away also.

As far as I. foetidissima variegata flowering, mine
flowers every year but the flowers are easy to miss
since they are small and rather neutral in color.

Sterling