Re: I. foetidissima variegata

>> MY WORD!!  Yours sets seed?!?  This is remarkable!
>
>er....um....I threw them away. That picture was taken
>a number of years ago. I wish I knew this was a rare
>event. Now that you mention it, I don't recall seeing
>seed pods on it in a number of years. Do you know if
>this is true of all the different cultivars of
>foetidissima or just variegata? I have several
>different cultivars and 'Citrina' had some beautiful
>pods last year. I threw those away also.
>
>As far as I. foetidissima variegata flowering, mine
>flowers every year but the flowers are easy to miss
>since they are small and rather neutral in color.
>
>Sterling

Well, seed pods are pretty normal on the non-variegated foetidissimas, so
that's really no big deal.  But if you get seeds from your variegated ones
you must save them.  Okay?

You don't by any chance have the cream/yellow/white seeded variety of
foetidissima do you??  That's something I keep hearing about in England,
but never seems to turn up in The States (except once in a SIGNA seed
exchange and I was too stupid to notice "fructo albo" meant white
fruit...d'ohhh!).

Dennis Kramb; dkramb@badbear.com
Cincinnati, Ohio USA; USDA Zone 6
http://www.badbear.com/dkramb/home.html