Re: another SDB seedling

--- In iris-photos@egroups.com, Sterling Okase <sterling_o@y...>
> Hi Shauna,
> Thanks for the kind words about my seedling. And
> thanks for the great name. I am not accustomed to
> thinking up good iris names. I usually sit around and
> think up funny ones for all the ugly seedings that pop
> up in my little garden. It's a game I play before I
> toss them in the compost bin. Makes me chuckle and
> keeps me from crying when I see how ugly some of them
> are.
> I had a seedling once that grew a very nice stalk but
> never bloomed. I kept waiting and finally, when I
> checked the spathes, all of them were empty!!! This
> one was appropriately named "Shooting Blanks" and
> tossed in the bin. Hahahahaha!
> Anyway, there is a couple of faults (in my opinion) on
> this seedling that I can see. One is the leaves get a
> tad too tall and the other is that I think the flower
> form could be fuller to compete with what is on the
> market. But I am going to try to get another
> generation out of it and see if anything better crops
> up.

Dear Sterling, Don't be so quick to dismiss. A nice new colour can
tolerate a few faults. Look for the possitives in a plant/flower. Try
gueating this one with a few people and get their comments. I think
this one should be given a chance.

Long Distance Relationship? Join beMANY! And pay less each month
for Long Distance.