Re: Looking for a cool place.

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] Looking for a cool place.
  • From: "Harold Peters" <harold@directcon.net>
  • Date: Fri, 4 May 2001 21:05:09 -0700

I am assuming the you are refering to dutch iris which are a true bulb. My
experience with them is limited. I would store them in a dry material, like
sand, in an air conditioned space if possible. Although a basement or
cabinet in a garage might also work. The bulbs should be refrigerated before
planting. I do not know how long the refrigeration should be but would guess
a month would work. Plant in late fall. If you buy the bulbs instead of the
container, you will get a lot more bulbs for your money and you can let the
bulbs go dormant in place.

Harold Peters
Beautiful View Iris Garden
El Dorado Hills, CA      USDA zone 9