Re: Superstition Beard Color

  • Subject: [iris-photos] Re: Superstition Beard Color
  • From: lmmunro@hotmail.com
  • Date: Tue, 08 May 2001 18:26:36 -0000

Harold:
   Thanks for your quick response. I know what you mean about the
dark iris not taking very good pictures. Just a blackish blob.
I figured the bright blue beard would be a dead giveaway, whether it
was or was not supposed to be there on Superstition.
I wonder where Wal Mart gets all those misnamed iris anyway? Wouldn't
it be nice if they DID use the right names. Strange as it may seem,
as ugly and dried out as they look, the iris still come up nice and
strong in the spring (never the fall, like the real breeders stuff)
Talking about Walmart, I got the most lovely iris in a pot there a
few days ago... beautiful deep rose pink. I just could not resist it.
Didn't have a name. but I am going to try to take my first picture of
it and post it here if successful.
Laetitia

--- In iris-photos@y..., "Harold Peters" <harold@d...> wrote:
> I grow Superstition and would give long shot odds that you do not
have
> Superstition especially since it is a Wal Mart acquisition. I am
still
> trying to get a good photograph of Superstition. One that is not a
black
> blob on a blurry background.
>
> Harold Peters
> Beautiful View Iris Garden
> 2048 Hickok Road
> El Dorado Hills, CA 95762
> harold@d...  www.beautiful-view-iris.com

It
> > blooms early. It is a very very dark mulberry self, with beards
that
> > start out electric blue, fading to purple with age. It has a
modern
> > form, falls stick out, slightly ruffled. It has good substance.
The

http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/