Re: Superstition Beard Color/identification

  • Subject: [iris-photos] Re: Superstition Beard Color/identification
  • From: storylade@aol.com
  • Date: Wed, 9 May 2001 18:48:22 EDT

In a message dated 5/8/2001 3:38:34 PM Central Daylight Time,
harold@directcon.net writes:

<< 'I know Schreiner's sells seedlings as "color". I think Cooley's does also.
 Those "color" get a name added by the packager. >>

Many hybridizer sell seedlings as landscape irises or "color."  This is why
identification of an unknown is difficult to impossible.  We may be trying to
identify irises that were never named or introduced, but grew very well.

Betty / Bowling Green KY USA  Zone 6
Only those who dare to dream can make a dream come true.

Clubmom is the first free organization dedicated to rewarding and celebrating Moms! Join today - it's free - and get a free year-long subscription
for Parents magazine - just for being a Mom!