Re: TB: Unknown Variegata

  • Subject: [iris-photos] Re: TB: Unknown Variegata
  • From: Linda Mann <lmann@icx.net>
  • Date: Thu, 10 May 2001 21:43:36 -0400

Neil, that looks (photo on iris-photos) awfully like a very vigorous
unknown variegata that I have also.  I used to think it was VIGILANTE,
but now am not sure what it is.  I have a few seedlings from it that are
germinating this year, so would also like to figure out what it is.
Mine usually has some damage from late freezes, but grows and blooms
profusely in spite of it.  It also probably came from a Schreiner
collection (via the woman in Greenback Tennessee who grows such gorgeous
irises), but probably more than 5 years ago.

Linda Mann east Tennessee USA zone 7/8