Re: Oyez

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] Oyez
  • From: Dennis Kramb <dkramb@badbear.com>
  • Date: Thu, 10 May 2001 22:26:12 -0400

>Beautiful, Dennis.  The pic on the Historic site is much darker.
>Click on the link, then find Oyez.  It's the AB that got me hooked
>on arils...
>El, Ste Anne, near Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada Z3

I tried growing Oyez a few years ago but it died during the first
winter.  I tried again last year with several rhizomes from the ASI
Plant Sale and one of them bloomed (none of them died over winter)!

I have had great success (luck?) with arilbreds and arils for the
last couple of years.  I'm elated every time a new one blooms.  They
just take my breath away!  I only wish the camera could capture the
fragrance too because some of them are just TDF.
Dennis Kramb; dkramb@badbear.com
Cincinnati, Ohio USA; USDA Zone 6