Re: TB: Hemstitched?

  • Subject: [iris-photos] Re: TB: Hemstitched?
  • From: Linda Mann <lmann@icx.net>
  • Date: Fri, 11 May 2001 05:06:12 -0400

Several folks gave suggestions of other irises the plicata that lost its
label might be, but one confirmed that it could be HEMSTITCHED.  I grow
QUEEN DOROTHY and this has more modern form and different (better) stalk
behavior & branching here.  Since I have a plant missing a label that
looks like HEMSTITCHED, and found labels for it lying loose elsewhere,
I'm going to tentatively put the labels with the plant.  If it makes
pods that make seedlings that bloom, I will get another start of
HEMSTITCHED & compare.  Thanks all.

Linda Mann