Re: Iris graminea

Cute iris. I had the same problem with the automatic focus on our
digital camera. I first solved it by focusing on my hand held next
to the flower and then moving the camera over to take the photo.
But on bright sunny days my hand was too bright.

Now, I carry around an old color Christmas card or post card in my
back pocket. I pull it out for small and fine flowers and focus on
the card next to the flower, then move the camera over a few
inches and take the photo. It's good to have a card with medium
density of colors, not too bright or dark. It doesn't always work
well but far better than without card to focus. Take several shots
and keep the best. The low cost of digital photos, about one cent
US per photo, is a real advantage.

Dan    zone 3, NW ON, Canada