Re: TB: Superstition Beard Color

  • Subject: [iris-photos] Re: TB: Superstition Beard Color
  • From: Linda Mann <lmann@icx.net>
  • Date: Fri, 11 May 2001 13:30:09 -0400

Laetitia wrote:
<Thanks. Now I'm SURE what I'm growing is NOT Superstition, cause
it doesn't look at all like that. My iris has lighter color, is much
shorter, with those bright blue/purple beards.
What does Cherry Smoke look like? Do you have a picture? Is it short?>

Assuming mine is correctly identified, and that the colors in my photo
are true on your monitor, and that my growing conditions don't make the
color look very different from yours.  Hard to believe yours is shorter
than this one here.  Most of the TBs are stunted from the cold and
spring drought this year.  SUPERSTITION is blooming with its top grazing
~24 inches.

As I said in my other email, CHERRY SMOKE <.. is
taller for me, much more vigorous, and falls are longer & more floppy>.
But other than that, the color is pretty much identical to
SUPERSTITION.  Assuming my CHERRY SMOKE is correctly identified....It's
one of my most consistant, prolific, tall TBs - about 3 ft.

I'll have to check my notes, but I think I got SUPERSTITION from
Superstition Gardens <that appealed to my sense of humor> & if so, is
probably correct.  CHERRY SMOKE came from a club sale years ago and I
have never checked its ID, so posting a photo is a good suggestion.
Stay tuned....

Linda Mann enjoying a nice cloudy day with cool temps & high humidity &
madly making more crosses to regret at leisure....