Re: Another under consideration

  • Subject: [iris-photos] Re: Another under consideration
  • From: laurief@paulbunyan.net
  • Date: Thu, 17 May 2001 15:57:58 -0000

--- In iris-photos@y..., "Mike Sutton" <suttons@l...> wrote:
>I know it is another pale lavender flower but it has 4
> to 5 branches, spur and triple socketed terminal with 14 to 17
> buds...consistently.  Passes the branching on to its children. Very
> spaced, thick stalks.  blooms for 5-6 weeks if it doesn't get too
> Vigorous, disease resistant and nicely formed

Mike, PLEASE introduce this iris.  Not only is it a perfectly lovely
flower, it provides the ideal solution for those of us in very cold
climates who are hard pressed to find anything that can rebloom in a
short season.  In lieu of rebloom, I would LOVE to fill my garden
14-17 budded irises that would bloom for 5-6 weeks continuously.  If
you'd like to trial it up here in zone 3, feel free to pop a rz in my
box with my order this year.  I'll give it the royal treatment!  :-)