[PHOTO] Re: Mystery Iris | Fri, 18 May 2001 15:39:35" />

[PHOTO] Re: Mystery Iris

  • Subject: [PHOTO] Re: [iris-photos] Mystery Iris
  • From: "Cheryl Leigh Chamberlin" <clc@cherylleigh.com>
  • Date: Fri, 18 May 2001 16:30:26 -0400

Hi, Doris!

Yes, my iris did look more blue in person than it did in the photo. I didn't
get 12-14 buds on my stalk, more like three or four, but my irises are
growing in whiskey barrels and desperately need to be thinned out.

The rhizomes came from a friend in Dallas, whom I thought had
been growing irises for a while. I don't know anything about most of the
varieties she sent me, except their names. Every time someone posts an iris
web site I go to look at the photos, hoping someone else has some of these
cultivars. I've only found two- Silverado and Michigan Pride. The other ones
I've seen are Sunny Days (in bloom now), Captured Beauty (one flower just
finished blooming, waiting for the next bud on the stalk to open), Amigo
(boy have I seen Amigo, that iris must increase like mad), Snow Goddess,
Delirious (loved that), Bama Berry and either Spiced Honey or Spiced
Custard. I'm assuming most of them are TBs.

This is Captured Beauty...I hope.<G>

Cheryl Leigh