Re: butterfly pattern

--- In iris-photos@y..., "Roberto Marucchi" <romaru@l...> wrote:
> I am a italian pollen dabbler.
> I show you a new flowering of this year. The pattern seem me original .
> Please forgives my bad English !
>

> ((Stripped Butterfly x(Rippling Waters x Wild Ginger) )x(((Rippling
Waters x Dot & Dash) x (Rippling Waters x Siva Siva)) x((Rippling
Waters x Siva Siva) x (Stepping Aut x Ribbon Round)))) X Brodway

This is basically a stripped plicata , such as Circus Stripes or
Autunm Circus, on an intense yellow ground. I had predicted this
colour pattern during my talk on plicata genetics at this years
Oklahoma Pollen Dobbers seminar. To continue this pattern you need to
select plicata parents with intense yellow ground. The intense yellow
seems to be recessive and can disapear quickly in crosses if not
selected for, Similar colour pattern exsist with Internal Fire and
Burst. Possible parent partners are Hot Chocolate, Glitz n'Glitter,
Burst, Los Coyotes. Broadway, and Light Beam are also possible choices
of parents.
Good luck on developing this.

Chuck Chapman, Guelph, Ontario, Canada, Zone 4/5