Re: SDB: Cherry Garden

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] SDB: Cherry Garden
  • From: "Hensler" <hensler@povn.com>
  • Date: Tue, 29 May 2001 18:35:03 -0700

----- Original Message -----
From: "Barbara Jackson" <jacksonb@brandonu.ca>

> This looks like a dead ringer for one I have in my garden that was
> inherited and had no tag.  There are huge clumps of it all over the place.
> I am totally pleased it now has a name.  It just started blooming here on
> the prairies, just north of the NB/MB border yesterday.  Thanks for
> it!

Hi BJ,

If your unnamed one is somewhere around 10" to 12" tall,  increases like a
weed, doesn't care what the weather's been like, and stops you dead in your
tracks when the late afternoon sun backlights it and turns it "cherry
red"... you can be pretty sure this is it.

I thinned my "clump" last year... gave away 3 large boxes of it and still
had to dump 2 boxes out in the woods. BTW, the ones out in the woods are
budding up!

Christy :-)