[PHOTO] Re: re: dwarf iris-new pictures of full plant | Wed, 1 May 2002 22:02:38" />

[PHOTO] Re: re: dwarf iris-new pictures of full plant

  • Subject: [PHOTO] Re: [iris-photos] re: dwarf iris-new pictures of full plant
  • From: "Hensler" <hensler@povn.com>
  • Date: Wed, 1 May 2002 19:57:27 -0700

I'd venture an educated guess that these are dwarf Siberians since the new fans seem to radiate from the sides of a rhizome.
Setosas (all kinds) and the versicolors I've transplanted today ( :-)) have fans clustered together without benefit of a rhizome. The roots come directly from the bottom of a crown and come up rather hodge-podge.
I've attached images of setosa canadensis, dwarf Siberian (this is LITTLE WHITE), and a small versicolor. All are about the same size at the moment.

Skip & Christy Hensler
Newport, WA