Re: dwarf iris-new pictures of full plant

  • Subject: [iris-photos] Re: dwarf iris-new pictures of full plant
  • From: "irischap" <irischapman@netscape.net>
  • Date: Thu, 02 May 2002 13:53:51 -0000

--- In iris-photos@y..., "irischap" <irischapman@n...> wrote:
> > Ok here's the full story. I never dreamed these little guys would
> stir up so
> > much conversation. The leaves are12-18 inches with the flowers
> blooming at
> > about 12 inches. The blade is 1/2 inch across at the fullest
> >
> The foliage does look bulb like, as some leaves seem to originate
> from the stem rather then all from the bulb. They don't apear to be
> Dutch or English Iris and foliage is much wider then Dutch iris.
> anyone have good information on Spanish Iris, I believe it is a
> iris.
> Chuck Chapman

I just checked reference books. Can't really tell about foliage
from "Woodcut diagrams" but seems to fit. Spanish iris bloom with
TB's were Dutch bloom a bit before TB. Also Spanish Iris are shorter.
What is the bloom like in your garden right now? Have TB's started,
been open for awhile?

Chuck Chapman

Buy Stock for $4
and no minimums.