Re: Re: dwarf iris-new pictures of full plant

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] Re: dwarf iris-new pictures of full plant
  • From: "Hensler" <hensler@povn.com>
  • Date: Thu, 2 May 2002 07:27:49 -0700

----- Original Message -----
From: "irischap" <irischapman@netscape.net>

> The foliage does look bulb like, as some leaves seem to originate
> from the stem rather then all from the bulb. They don't apear to be
> Dutch or English Iris and foliage is much wider then Dutch iris. Does
> anyone have good information on Spanish Iris, I believe it is a bulb
> iris.

Spanish iris are almost identical to the Dutch and are one of the species
involved in the development of Dutch irises. At that size and with that type
of signal, it certainly doesn't look like English irises. (Raising all 3
types this year, as houseplants and outside. The ones inside have just
finished blooming.).

As time permits today, I'll dig through the species iris books and see if
anything is listed.

Christy

Buy Stock for $4
and no minimums.