[PHOTO] Iris collettii | Sat, 4 May 2002 22:40:35" />

[PHOTO] Iris collettii

  • Subject: [PHOTO] [iris-photos] Iris collettii
  • From: Kenneth Walker <kenww@pacbell.net>
  • Date: Sat, 04 May 2002 20:37:50 -0700

This spring I bought a couple plants of Iris collettii
and one bloomed today. I was lucky it bloomed on
a Saturday and that I was home. The species of the
subgenus Napalensis have fleeting blooms. This one
opened in mid-morning and closed in the late afternoon.
I'm wondering if this plant should perhaps be classified
as the closely related Iris barbatula due to the "beard"
on falls.

This picture is blown up. The flower is actually quite
small.

Ken Walker
Concord, CA  USA
USDA Zone 9, Sunset Zone 14