[PHOTO] Re: Photos: Id help(Not Fiji Dancer) | Tue, 7 May 2002 21:14:23" />

[PHOTO] Re: Photos: Id help(Not Fiji Dancer)

  • Subject: [PHOTO] Re: [iris-photos] Photos: Id help(Not Fiji Dancer)
  • From: William Wells <wells@train.missouri.org>
  • Date: Tue, 07 May 2002 21:02:09 -0500

Hi, Al,

Sorry I can't help you with the ID on this one  :-(
But I certainly agree that it is a keeper even if you did have to wait a long time to see it bloom. I like the color, plus the powerful contrast with the beard. It may be the angle or the stage of opening, but the near standard looks like it is rather spear shaped - kinda cool, I think.

Bill Wells

alhbee@aol.com wrote:

 Hi all

I have one more unknown and the last one. It was purchased at the club sale.  It is a SDB, red purple, the color of a Santa Rosa plum, with a velvety texture. I bought in 1998 and this is the first bloom. It has good branching.  I almost pitched it last fall. This one is a keeper.

Any help will be appreciated.

Al Bullock
Z7 No Va

GIF image

GIF image

n:Wells;W. I. (Bill)
adr:;;Rt 1, Box 118A;Summersville;MO;65571;USA
fn:W. I. (Bill) Wells