RE: Culture: Container Iris Gardening

  • Subject: RE: [iris-photos] Culture: Container Iris Gardening
  • From: "Dana Brown" <ddbro@llano.net>
  • Date: Thu, 9 May 2002 20:28:06 -0500

Martin,
    SDB's in pots sounds like a great idea.  How often do you dig?  How do you water?  This might work really well for us.  We are in zone 7 and sometimes the SDB's don't get enough chilling here.  Putting them in pots would be the same as growing them in Zone 6.  This just might work and I just happen to have a surplus of 2' diameter plastic pots.

Dana Brown
Malevil Iris Gardens
Pres. South Plains Iris Society
Region 17, Judges Training Chairperson