Re: Last man standing

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] Last man standing
  • From: "Racheal Nekuda" <lilylvr@kansas.net>
  • Date: Tue, 14 May 2002 10:49:15 -0700

This is going to be a poor year for buds here also.I am pretty certain that Eagle's Flight had triple socketed buds on the terminal last year. This year it has double. Some of my other iris are sporting 3-5 buds where normally they have a lot more. I think it may have been the drought that caused this. It should be interesting to see if later blooming ones have a more normal bud count, then I will know it was the late freeze. I actually had a stalk come up with no terminal buds and one where there should be a branch. No other bloom stalks on this clump. It did not bloom last year either. I hope things will be closer to normal next year.