Re: Amigo?

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] Amigo?
  • From: "Cheryl Leigh Chamberlin" <clc@cherylleigh.com>
  • Date: Wed, 15 May 2002 12:56:22 -0400

Margie,

My dad took one to Penn State's co-op extension. He came home shortly after
I posted the photo, with a fact sheet on "boxelder bugs".

They are really annoying. They are EVERYWHERE in that garden but ONLY in
that part of the yard. My dad says he has seen them before, but out front,
never out back. The co-op folks said they shouldn't hurt irises or daylilies
but something has caused yellow spots and small nicks in iris leaves and
holes in daylily leaves!

Cheryl Leigh