[PHOTO] Re: Iris in full shade | Thu, 16 May 2002 23:19:54" />

[PHOTO] Re: Iris in full shade

  • Subject: [PHOTO] Re: [iris-photos] Iris in full shade
  • From: "Pearl Doyle" <doyle@our-town.com>
  • Date: Thu, 16 May 2002 23:25:13 -0500 (Central Daylight Time)

Almost all my iris grow in mostly shade. In Texas where the temps sometimes reach 100 during the bloom season, it's almost necessary. The only ones I have that are hardy enough to grow in full sun are the very old ones that came from old homeplaces and so far I haven't had any bloom from them. Irises that bloom in the shade for me:
Loves the Sun (no pun intended)
Earl of Essex (yes it reblooms)
Lacy Snowflake
Edith Wolford
Brides' Halo
And several others that I haven't found the name for yet.

Pearl in Northcentral Texas zone7/8