Re: Re: Iris in full shade

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] Re: Iris in full shade
  • From: oneofcultivars@aol.com
  • Date: Fri, 17 May 2002 10:07:59 EDT

In a message dated 5/17/2002 7:49:51 AM Central Daylight Time, tan0301@yahoo.com writes:

Tell your son it is rescuing... And it is my favorite passtime.
Hubby has gotten in to hyberdizing and showing Iris so he won't let
me rescue to many unless they have their names attached! ;o)  So I
have moved on to rescuing hostas from an old house on a dirt road out
in the middle of nowhere.  Actually, I do have permission from the
owner.  It belonged to his great-grandmother and she had a greenhouse
and everything.  Flowers are EVERYWHERE.  I bet there was 500 or more
siberian iris blooming there last week.

Yeah they are every where. Some of the less erudite that visit here call em weeds. Me? I'm less sophisticated and lazy so I call em wild flowers, native plants and test plots. Any name to keep from having to work. I call the coffee cups I leave laying around while I walking around dreading work rain gauges too. What ever works.

Don't worry so much about the spouse. Your not in that much trouble when he just says "We don't need that." But you do need to worry some if he says "You don't need that." That would be one of them battle lines what somebody had better not cross or have a gun.

The old house place hostas you mention are some of the most valued of plants. Older hostas sometimes produce sports. Many of the variegated hostas we have today are clones of sports collected from just such plants.

Smiles too you from the repository of little known facts of questionable value,

Bill Burleson 7a/b
Old South Iris Society

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor