Re: TB: dark seedling

  • Subject: [iris-photos] Re: TB: dark seedling
  • From: Linda Mann <lmann@volfirst.net>
  • Date: Fri, 17 May 2002 14:38:21 -0400

<Nice! Very Nice! Blooming later or earlier than Dusky Challenger? Bill
Burleson 7a/b Old South>

Thanks, Bill.  Unfortunately, one of the earliest to bloom.  This has
been an unusually good bloom year for me - many earlier things that are
often frozen out bloomed well this year.  This clump had never bloomed
before; its siblings (less increase than this one) bloomed for the first
time last year & are fairly late bloomers, like both parents.  But not
this one.  I will protect it in future years during late winter/early
spring hard freezes to see if it will do this again some day!  But I
fear this will be the only time I get to see it bloom this way.

The sweet fragrance from this clump was almost overwhelming...

Linda M

Your opinion is very important to us!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/NOFBfD/uAJEAA/Ey.GAA/2gGylB/TM