[PHOTO] HYB: Seedling 98T2-01 | Sat, 18 May 2002 17:19:23" />

[PHOTO] HYB: Seedling 98T2-01

  • Subject: [PHOTO] [iris-photos] HYB: Seedling 98T2-01
  • From: "Mike Greenfield" <redear@infinet.com>
  • Date: Sat, 18 May 2002 18:27:35 -0400

This iris is from my first year of pollen smearing. Prissy Miss X Olympiad

I was just learning so I was crossing anything that didn't move. I had about
50 pods. I did not know to stripp the leaves from the stalk.With all the
rain that year I ended up with two pods all others rotted ,off..
Out of 25 or so seedlings all were yellows except this one. It has the
coloring of Chubby Cheeks. I took it to our show to day. I got a blue with
it. 11 seedlings were entered. Someone else took another blue ribbon and
best seedling. Judges said they liked all three of my seedlings.

Not too bad for a newbie.

I had knee replacement 6 weeks ago and was at therapy Friday when it started
raining. Rained all day. Not much other things to take to show because of
rain damage. Took Laced Legacy and got a blue. Four iris and 2 blues. With
knee someone had to drive me to the show and help set them up. So I didn't
try more.

Mike Greenfield
Zone 5b SW Ohio
redear@infinet.com