Re: TB (Leaf spot - Judy)

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] TB (Leaf spot - Judy)
  • From: "Judy Hunt" <judyhunt1@bellsouth.net>
  • Date: Sun, 19 May 2002 23:21:10 -0400

I was pretty certain it was the climate, Margie, and perhaps the difference in soil may have something to do with it, assuming your soil is sandy rather than clay.  Some theorize that the fungus is spread from the soil to iris fans through rain splashing mud onto the fans.  I would imagine that splashing sandy soil is less likely than heavier clay soil.  Once you have leaf spot extreme diligence is called for to keep it under control.  Oh well, I certainly enjoy seeing your wonderful foliage along with your beautiful blossoms in your lovely photos.

Judy

Hi Judy,

In the Arizona desert areas, I think it is rare to get leaf spot, though once in a while it may show up on an iris plant or two.  Low humidity and no rain may be why.  (I'm guessing that those that do, may be more genetically susceptible).

Margie
Oro Valley, AZ.
zone 8/9

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor